Jobs and staffing
The right people can make all the difference in the world. That's why we work with top technology professionals from around the country to develop and nurture a talent pool that bolsters your internal resources, when you need them, where you need them. At Charter Solutions, we don’t have a one-size-fits all engagement format. Whether you’re looking for an entire team of consultants or a specific long-term hire, we can provide the expertise your organization needs. Our engagement options include:
When you hire our team on a project basis, we’ll provide all the necessary resources and skills to complete your analytics or IT professional services project -- from ideation through implementation.Learn more
Rely on one or more of our expert practitioners to fill a temporary gap at your organization. From subject matter experts to individual skill-based contributors to various levels of management (c-suite, VP, director or manager level), an embedded Charter Solutions expert may be just what you need to round out your team.Learn more
Want to ensure that a full-time candidate you’ve found meets your expectations? A right-to-hire arrangement through Charter (a two-or six-month engagement) can give you peace of mind that you’ve found “the one.”Learn more
Short on staff? We can help.
Come for the work. Stay for the fun.
At Charter Solutions, we hire creative, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do and motivated to deliver true value to our clients. Ideal candidates have good communication skills, flexibility, a positive attitude, and a collaborative nature. And because work should be about more than checking boxes and meeting deadlines, we look for team members who like to have fun and who want to form lasting relationships with teammates and clients.
Charter Solutions is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive organization, which means we hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We believe this strengthens the fiber of our workplace, allows our team to bring unique perspectives to the work we do on behalf of clients, and shapes how we support our communities. If you share these values and are driven by a desire to do exceptional work, we want to hear from you.
If you don't find a career below that interests you, please email us at email@example.com. At Charter Solutions, we hire only the best! It's the Charter way.
- Working with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Training teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the organization innovate and excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Five years’ experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure
- Three to five years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required
- Collect and process raw data at scale for a variety of projects and initiatives
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested for a variety of teams and projects
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis
- Analyze processed data
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed
- Define data retention policies
- 5-7 years of recent experience in data engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of and experience with statistics
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Kafka or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Experience in MapReduce is a plus
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Experience with machine learning toolkits including, H2O, SparkML or Mahout
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting
- Building algorithms and designing experiments to merge, manage, analyze, and extract data for tailored reports to colleagues, clients or management.
- Creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and NoSQL databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, OLAP and other software.
- Selecting and implementing data mining methods most relevant to company projects and desired outcomes.
- Enhancing data collection to include information relevant for building analytic systems.
- Gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous electronic data, such as records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.
- Creating and monitoring anomaly detection systems.
- Building predictive models and presenting information using data visualization tools and techniques.
- Develop proven methods and strategies for the larger Data Scientist team.
- Collaborating with engineering and product development teams.
- Querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies.
- Keeping the company current with the latest technology, techniques, and methods.
- Act as a technical thought leader in collaboration with the analytics team, helping to set the strategy and standards for data science and advanced analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in data relevant fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, etc.
- 3+ years working experience in a Data Scientist role (or related field).
- Expansive knowledge of Python, and strong familiarity with R, Java, SQL, Julia, Scala, MATLAB and TensorFlow.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, SVM, Naïve Bayes and Decision Forests.
- Highly experienced with NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra, as well as big data platforms like Aster and Hadoop.
- Experience with BI Viz tools (such as Tableau), Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Ability to perform in a multidisciplinary and highly collaborative environment where knowledge and sharing insights and information is critical.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools including ggplot2 and D3.js.
- Experience working in statistics, probability and analytics, as well as ability to present findings and trends in clear and efficient ways.
- Provide technical support for program initiatives.
- Provide governance to architect solutions that align business strategy to reusable end-to-end technology solutions.
- Review current architectural states, define appropriate solutions, scope the effort and provide technical direction
- Serve as architectural subject matter expert
- Facilitate cross product architecture review and design solutions
- Perform technical evaluations of products and provide guidance on defining the technology roadmap (approach, priority and timeframe) for transition from legacy technology
- Develop and present candidate architectural designs for development (data, processing logic, presentation layer) ensuring alignment of technology to the business strategy
- Remain current with industry knowledge, best practices and standards and incorporate applicable technologies and standards into new and existing solutions
- Evangelize architectural best practices and corporate direction
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ten years of experience with progressively increased levels of responsibility. Five years as a Solution Architect or Technical Architect.
- Advanced knowledge of leading architecture solutions in the industry area
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Implementing data policies, procedures, standards
- Planning and development of an organization’s enterprise data model
- Resolving data conflicts
- Managing data repositories
- Optimizing data warehouse, lake and other storage
- Extracting and/or loading data
- Setting up cybersecurity measures
- Ensuring all hardware and software are updated
- Authenticating data
- Monitoring the performance of hardware and software
- Configuring servers and databases
- Preserving data integrity
- Ethically handling private data, including financial and/or healthcare data for certain companies
- 5 years of experience with programming languages such PL/SQL coding
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- 5 years of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- 5 years of experience with Oracle RAC, SQL Server or MySQL
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
Data Visualization Engineer
Charter Solutions is hiring Data Visualization Engineer to assist with a large scale data lakehouse buildout and transfer. We are looking for individuals proficient in data replication and integrating source data utilizing various collection and BI tools.
- Identify and prep various reports
- Migrate reports
- Utilize BI data visualization and delivery tools
- Analyze structured and unstructured data using SQL Server
- Build measures and metrics
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as an analyst or engineer in the data/BI space is required
- Experience with Visualization and reporting tools (QuickSight, Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI, ETL, SQL)
- AWS general knowledge
- Understanding the approach and design decisions and creating an implementation that supports overall design
- Working with other engineers on the team, particularly more junior engineers through pair programming, open communications, and collaboration
- Actively participate in our Agile development lifecycle, including planning and grooming, stand-up, and retrospectives
- Proactively perform code reviews, give feedback, and ask questions
- Own (along with team) all aspect of the application, including quality, performance testing, and production support.
- Other duties as assigned
- Full stack JAVA development experience, from backend systems to user interfaces as necessary
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Knowledge and experience using relational database systems especially PostgreSQL and MySQL preferred
- Ability to comfortably develop code for and debug remote systems
- Collaborates with others, capable of working constructively with a group of people that have different skill sets and interests
- Ability to take ownership of and effectively communicate implementation decisions at various levels
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as a member of a dynamic and fast-moving team
- Been an active member of an Agile team (running Scrum and Kanban) preferred
- Develops technical specifications in alignment with defined functional requirements
- Gathers information regarding costs and resource availability for SRFs, mid-sized projects and issue resolution
- Reviews application problems: informing IT’s business partners of status and expected resolutions
- Serves as a liaison between business partners and application development team members to analyze, document and validate functional requirements
- Designs screens, reports, and dataflow to align with business needs
- Help maintain the roadmap – projects, requests, allocations, funding. Takes an active role in ordering the backlog according to roadmap deliverables and story readiness
- Tracks, maintains, and retains documentation that supports the adherence to IT standards, processes, and procedures
- Clarifies and documents process, policy and/or procedural changes for development staff and for IT business partners
- 5+ years of Business Analysis or leadership experience in IT
- Experience eliciting and evaluating business needs and requirements from stakeholders
- Experience in critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciliation of conflicts and decomposition of high-level information into details
- Experience facilitating documentation review sessions
- Experience with creating/maintaining artifacts including vision documentation, functional specifications, use cases, business requirements/rules, business process diagrams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users, developers, managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 10 or more years of experience as a project manager
- Experience in a project management role with leadership responsibilities with multi-year projects
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience, knowledge and ability to apply change management principles and methodologies to support large, complex projects
- Experience with projects involving the creation of customer interaction spaces requiring immersion in processes from the perspective of both the business and the customer
- Experience presenting to executive audiences
- Experience working effectively across diverse stakeholder groups to deliver project results
- Ensure adherence to the project oversight framework
- Successful project management experiences
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing projects using different approaches (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Blended, etc.)
- Experience with arbitration and negotiation
- Proven problem management and issue resolution skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management Software tools and techniques
- Proven presentation skills
- Strong Business Analyst, Quality Control or SDLC background.
- Understanding of Agile fundamentals including scrum process, sprint cadence, team roles, story definition and story point estimation
- Facilitate the activities of an Agile software development team encouraging and supporting the teams to self-manage their iterations using a servant-leader management style
- Ensure self-organized team’s continuous improvement through monitoring and coaching
- Assist the Product Owner in maintaining a product strategy/roadmap through story mapping and other Agile activities
- Work with the Product Owners and Business Analysts to identify that the product backlog is prioritized and refined to the appropriate level to start and continue development iterations
- Schedule and facilitate all Scrum team ceremonies including release and sprint planning, backlog
- refinement, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives
- Remove impediments for the team(s) and escalate issues as appropriate
- Experience as a Scrum Master for 5+ years with a software development team
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a continuous deployment environment
- Scrum Master Certification or equivalent training
Health and well-being
Work where you feel safe
Paid time off (PTO) and Flexible work schedule
Competitive compensation plan
Tuition reimbursement / Certification reimbursement
Health and well-being
Work where you feel safe
Paid time off (PTO) and Flexible work schedule
Competitive compensation plan
Tuition reimbursement / Certification reimbursement
2021 Best Places to Work
Charter Solutions is proud to be a 2021 Mpls.-St. Paul Business Journal Best Places to Work Honoree.
Your way is the Charter Way
Honoring diversity, equity, and inclusion is central to our mission at Charter Solutions. It takes unique perspectives and experiences to accelerate the use of real-time data and empower clients to achieve business goals. We strive to foster personal authenticity in our workplace culture and we celebrate opportunities to learn from one another.